Helpfulness of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist
As an emotionally focused couples therapist, and I continue to be encouraged by the way Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy can help couples.
Having recently trained in this couples therapy model and currently diving deeper into my continued studies, I am delighted by how a trained emotionally focused couples therapist can help couples through patterns that have been keeping them emotionally dissatisfied.
Of course, as with any therapy, the couple has to want to change and want to do the work.
Assuming each partner is engaged and committed, working with an emotionally focused couples therapist can help couples get to the heart of the lonely, anxiety, and anger producing stances that occur between them.
How can you as an Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist help my marriage?
For me, emotionally focused couples therapy is appealing for 2 main reasons
- Evidenced based, supported by research.
- The other is, it fits with how I believe change happens within and between people and couples. I believe that emotions have the power to tell us what is important and significant in a person’s life.
- Emotions can tell us what we need when in relationship with another person.
Emotional engagement and communication are what helps define a relationship. The reverse also being true. Lack of emotional engagement and communication also helps define a relationship.
The ways I, as an emotionally focused couples therapist (EFT) can help are:
- Helping you begin to understand and identify cycles or patterns between your interactions with each other
- Listening to your emotions and emotional experiences to learn more about your needs in your marriage or relationship
- Begin to understand each partners’ ways of responding and the emotions underneath so that each can begin to develop new patterns of communication and understanding between them
Ready for help?
If you’re ready to reach out and begin couples therapy, please reach out today!
*Blog intended for educational and informational purposes only.