Too busy to make weekly or biweekly therapy appointments? Frustrated when a couples therapy session ends and there is still so much more needed to say? Couple Intensives might be right for you…
What are Couple Intensives?
Couple intensives are extended therapy sessions. Typically 2.5 or 3 hours.
I know it might sound like a long time. 2.5 or 3 hours! But honestly, it goes by quicker than you might think.
Many couples are surprised at how fast the sessions go. Many find the time length to be just the right amount of time for what’s needed at that specific time.
Couples find intensives helpful because you can:
- Meet for a longer time.
- Work through issues faster than if you were meeting on a weekly or biweekly schedule.
- Express thoughts and feelings and work through any avoidance, defensiveness and criticism that might be happening in the moment.
- Get to the heart of issues in your relationship.
Who are couple intensives for?
- Couples with busy schedules.
- Spouses with childcare needs.
- Partners that travel often.
- Spouses wanting longer time to focus on concerns and get to the heart of what’s between them.
- Couples wanting intimacy but are unable to share their thoughts and feelings with each other.
What are some specific issues couple intensives are helpful for?
Couple intensives are helpful for any couple wanting to dedicate time toward working on their relationship.
It can help couples trying to heal hurts from:
- Discovery of an affair or infidelity
- Communication issues
- Feeling unable to share their thoughts/feelings with each other
- Feeling distant
- “Threats of leaving the relationship” after disagreements
- Feeling discounted, criticized, and lower on the priority list
- Feeling like your partner has everyone else’s back except yours
It can help couples struggling with:
- Emotional connection
- Physical intimacy
- Repairing after disagreements/arguments
It can help couples wanting:
- To take their relationship from good to great.
- Premarital counseling.
- To improve their emotional connection.
- Better communication.
What days/times do you schedule couple intensives?
I offer couple intensives two different ways:
- In person – in my office
I currently schedule intensives during the week. We can discuss current openings when you’re ready to schedule.
If you’re needing a particular day and time, please let me know your needs and we can discuss current options.
For couples wanting online intensive sessions, I typically schedule these during the week. Most sessions are scheduled within the morning and lunch time window.
If you’re needing a particular day and time, please let me know your needs and we can discuss current scheduling options.
How long are couple intensives?
I schedule couple intensives for:
- 3 hours
If you’re really wanting longer therapy sessions but can’t make 3 hours, I also offer 2.5 hour intensives.
*If you’re interested in longer intensive couples therapy sessions but need different time lengths (either shorter or longer) please let me know your needs and we can create the session length that best fits your needs.
How do I schedule with you?
When you contact me, either through email, by phone, or through the contact page on my website, let me know you’re interested in scheduling for an intensive or that you have questions about whether an intensive would be good for your particular needs.
Together, we can discuss times that work for you and I can answer any questions you have.