What are Couple Intensives?
Couple intensives are extended therapy sessions, typically 3 hours. For many, it can help accelerate their therapy and can help work through issues in a more compressed timeframe.
Couples find intensives helpful because they can meet for a longer time and are able to work through issues faster than if they were meeting on a weekly or biweekly schedule. Couples are helped by being able to express thoughts and feelings and work through any avoidance, defensiveness and criticism that might be happening between them. These longer sessions help couples get to the heart of issues in their relationship.
Who are couple intensives for?
- Partners wanting to address issues impacting their relationship in an expedited way.
- Couples wanting deeper connection but are unable to share their thoughts and feelings with each other.
- Couples with busy schedules.
- Relationships that can’t wait each week to address important issues.
What are some specific issues couple intensives are helpful for?
Couple intensives are helpful for any couple wanting to dedicate time toward working on their relationship.
It can help couples trying to heal hurts from:
- Discovery of an affair or infidelity
- Communication issues
- Feeling unable to share their thoughts/feelings with each other
- Feeling distant
- “Threats of leaving the relationship” after disagreements
- Feeling discounted, criticized, and lower on the priority list
- Feeling like your partner has everyone else’s back except yours
It can help couples struggling with:
- Emotional connection
- Physical intimacy
- Repairing after disagreements/arguments
It can help couples wanting:
- To take their relationship from good to great.
- Premarital counseling.
- To improve their emotional connection.
- Better communication.
What days/times do you schedule couple intensives?
I currently have late afternoon and evening appointments available.
If you’re needing a particular day and time, please let me know your needs and we can discuss current options.
How long are couple intensives?
I schedule couple intensives for 3 hours.
I also offer 2 hour intensives for couples that really want the extra time but are unable to schedule for 3 hours.
How do I schedule with you?
When you contact me, either through email, by phone, or through the contact page on my website, let me know you’re interested in scheduling for an intensive or that you have questions about whether an intensive would be good for your particular needs.
I will contact you once your message is received. Together, we can discuss times that work for you and I can answer any questions you have.