Hi, I’m Anna.
I’m a marriage and family therapist and individual psychotherapist dedicated to helping you become the person and spouse you want to be.
I have the expertise to help you have the relationship and marriage you most want.
My work (and throughout this website) is devoted to sharing how I can help you and your relationship.
To help provide an ideas of how I can best help you, I’ve listed some common questions.
I’m looking for therapy in Austin, are you the right therapist for me?
Yes! If you’re looking for therapy in Austin, wanting relationship help, and wanting to see a therapist that’s trained and skilled in relationship issues, you’ve come to the right place.
- I provide couples therapy, marriage counseling, individual therapy including EMDR therapy.
- I help couples and individuals rebuild trust. Trust within your relationship and with each other. And to rebuild trust in oneself.
- I also help couples and individuals develop better communication skills and boundary setting.
I am known for my relationship expertise. Whether you’re wanting help with your current relationship or help with identifying and changing relationship patterns in your life, I can help.
Many individuals I see specifically work with me because of my ability to understand the complexities of being in relationship.
Are you a couples therapist?
Yes! I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Licensed Professional Counselor. I provide therapy in Austin and have specialized training in issues impacting couples through all the different stages of their relationship.
What’s your background?
It’s hard for me to think of a time when I wasn’t doing this amazing work. I have such a passion for helping couples build healthy, happy and satisfying relationships that it’s sometimes hard to imagine doing anything else!
But, I did have a career before becoming a couples therapist and individual psychotherapist.
I started out, for nearly ten years, working in various public service jobs. One job that I absolutely loved and had wonderful success in was as a consultant for the Austin Fire Department. The Austin Fire Department does such amazing, brave, and courageous work – each and every day! It was an honor working to help support the brave men and women firefighters of the Austin Fire Department.
And, I also served as a public health policy analyst for the Texas Legislature. This was such a wonderful experience that I will always carry with me.
Many people ask if I’m from Austin…while I’m not originally from Austin, I have lived here since 1992 when I attended The University of Texas at Austin. Seen a lot of changes! And still loving Austin, TX, each and every day.
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology from The University of Texas at Austin
- Master’s of Education in Health Education from Texas State University
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Texas State University
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy) Level One Therapist
- Trained in Gottman’s Level One Couple’s Therapist Training
- Certified by the National Board for Certified Counselors, NCC
- Certified to offer PREPARE-ENRICH, an assessment that offers pre-marital couples an opportunity to learn more about their relationship’s strengths and growth opportunities
- EMDR Basic Training
How can you help us when other therapy in Austin has not?
Such a great question. I know it can be hard to begin this process again.
As your therapist, I will help you get to the heart of what’s happening between you.
If you’re seeing me for couples therapy or marriage counseling We will work toward:
- Understanding what’s keeping you distant from each other
- Determine what’s causing communication issues between you
- Understanding what’s triggering arguments or causing you to avoid each other.
And, you will learn how to quickly repair with each other when issues, disagreements or arguments happen. Resulting in better communication, better understanding of each other’s needs, and better connection with each other.
If you’re seeing me for individual therapy, we will work toward creating the change you envision. We will work together to create a narrative that fits you now, that fits you today, and frees you from negative narratives of the past.
Can I see you individually if my partner isn’t interested in seeing a couple therapist?
Yes! If you are wanting relationship help but your partner isn’t interested at this time, that’s ok, we can still work together.
And, if your partner decides at some point they’d like to start couples therapy, I am open to talking more about this with you.
How can I contact you?
Click here. Once I receive the form, I will contact you ASAP.
You can also call me directly at 512-550-7918 or email: email@example.com
Serving the Austin Area for couples therapy, marriage counseling and individual therapy. Office location conveniently located in 78759 zip code.
Servicing Steiner Ranch 78732, Avery Ranch 78717, Northwest Austin, Round Rock 78664, 78665, 78680, 78681, 78682, 78683 and Cedar Park 78613.