I’m looking for therapy in Austin, are you the right therapist for me?
Yes! If you’re looking for therapy in Austin, wanting relationship help, and wanting to see a therapist that’s trained and skilled in relationship issues, you’ve come to the right place.
- I provide couples therapy, marriage counseling, individual therapy including EMDR therapy.
- I help couples and individuals rebuild trust, not only within a relationship and with each other, but also to rebuild trust in oneself.
- I also help couples and individuals develop better communication skills and boundary setting.
I am known for my relationship expertise. Whether you’re wanting help with your current relationship or help with identifying and changing relationship patterns in your life, I can help.
Many individuals I see specifically work with me because of my ability to understand the complexities of being in relationship.
Are you a couples therapist?
Yes! I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Licensed Professional Counselor. I provide therapy in Austin and have specialized training in issues impacting couples through all the different stages of their relationship.
What’s your background?
Before becoming a psychotherapist, I began my career, working for nearly ten years, in various public service environments. Including providing consultation for the Austin Fire Department, serving as a public health policy analyst for the Texas Legislature, in addition to other public health education and advocacy positions.
I always knew I wanted to be a therapist and it wasn’t until later in my life that I made this dream into a reality.
Many people ask if I’m from Austin…while I’m not originally from Austin, I’ve lived here since 1992 when I attended The University of Texas at Austin.
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology from The University of Texas at Austin
- Master’s of Education in Health Education from Texas State University
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Texas State University
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy) Level One Therapist
- Trained in Gottman’s Level One Couple’s Therapist Training
- Certified by the National Board for Certified Counselors, NCC
- Certified to offer PREPARE-ENRICH, an assessment that offers pre-marital couples an opportunity to learn more about their relationship’s strengths and growth opportunities
- EMDR Basic Training
How can you help us when other therapy in Austin has not?
Such a great question. I know it can be hard to begin this process again.
When you work with me as your therapist, I help you get to the heart of what’s impacting you.
If you’re seeing me for couples therapy or marriage counseling, we will work toward understanding what’s keeping you distant from each other; what’s causing communication issues between you; what’s triggering arguments or causing you to avoid each other.
You will learn how to quickly repair with each other when issues, disagreements or arguments happen. Resulting in better communication, better understanding of each other’s needs, and better connection with each other.
If you’re seeing me for individual therapy, we will work toward creating the change you envision. We will work together to create a narrative that fits you now, that fits you today, and frees you from negative narratives of the past.
Can I see you individually if my partner isn’t interested in seeing a couple therapist?
Yes! If you are wanting relationship help but your partner isn’t interested at this time, that’s ok, we can still work together.
If you’re partner decides at some point they’d like to start couples therapy, I am open to talking more about this with you.
How can I contact you?
Click here. Once I receive the form, I will contact you ASAP.
Serving the Austin Area for couples therapy, marriage counseling and individual therapy. Office location conveniently located in 78759 zip code.
Servicing Steiner Ranch 78732, Avery Ranch 78717, Northwest Austin, Round Rock 78664, 78665, 78680, 78681, 78682, 78683 and Cedar Park 78613.